I hate using the erasers that comes with mechanical pencils. That's just me, getting obsessive compulsive about the looks of the eraser despite being encased in something as part of the pencil. The stock mechanical pencil eraser will only be used in dire situations only. So. I picked up this eraser the other day. Tombow Mono One Air Touch Packaging Front Tombow Mono One Air Touch Packaging Rear Main reasons for picking this over the trusty Staedtler Mars Plastic is that this is more portable size-wise. The cylindrical shape can fit in my pen sleeve unlike the boxy Staedtler. You can hold it like you hold a pen, thanks to the plastic holder, which can give you a bit more control. The plastic casing also help keep the eraser clean when you lug it around. What I don't like about the whole eraser design is that they put a cover on it. A clear cover that you can easily misplace. I'm just taking photos and already it rolled away on my desk. This eraser has a rubbery, silicone li...
Everything went south after using the Vinta Dugong Bughaw (Blue Blood) ink in this Zebra G Nib Titanium and Jinhao X750 mod. This pen had seen heavy use and probably over a dozen ink refills over the few weeks (less than a month) that I've owned it. It was a fun flex pen but there is nothing to be sad at for this whole setup is dirt cheap. If you're planning to use sheening inks on this Jinhao X750 Zebra G Nib setup, make sure you have enough research about the inks you want to use. The Vinta Dugong Bughaw, while gorgeous on paper, is one nasty thick ink. It would be perfect for feeds with wide channels. Side note: you can score this feed to create deeper channels. The part of the feed where the ink channels are shallow, is where most of the ink dried up. The photos you above are the Nib and Feed after being soaked for 5 days on warm water with mild soap. I keep the water warm by replacing it few times a day.
This is a Deep Carry Pocket Clip, compatible with a C223 Spyderco Para 3, that was ordered online from a China Supplier. It was labelled as Titanium and does not come with screws. Shown in a photo below the rough satin finish. It also comes in black. First Impression is that the clip looks thin and flimsy. You don't need so much force to bend it. Spyderco Para 3 with Titanium Deep Carry Clip Right away I did some heat anodizing, which gave the typical blue Titanium color. Tension is a bit loose, which might not be okay for some but it's alright with me. I've been carrying it like this for 2 months now and never had problems with it. A little squeeze on the clip bend may increase the tension, but that is for another day. Overall, its an okay purchase. I'm not expecting it to last, but from my carry experience in the past two months, I'm thinking it might be useful for longer. May 10, 2021 Update The clip brushed against a cabinet at home and I didn't check on ...
Comments
Post a Comment